September 02, 2014, 05:39:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Indie Showcase :: The home of The Indie Artists.
No.1 for Indie Artists.

Home Schedule Listen Now Chatroom   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Podcasts Contact Us Login Register  
Live Chat   Tune in: Listen w/ Realplayer Listen w/ Media Player Listen w/ Winamp Listen w/ Quicktime  Current DJ: Awesome Radio: Indie Showcase with Mozart (WARNING! May Contain Adult Content!) Streaming at: 96 kbps  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Hill - What Are We Waitin' For review  (Read 871 times)
Shashona
Its all about getting the music out there!
Administrator

Australia Australia

Indie Showcase & Awesomeradio.net ROCKS

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2012, 09:25:40 PM »

Robert Hill - What Are We Waitin' For

www.facebook.com/joerh
https://www.facebook.com/roberthillsongs/info
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/roberthill3

Genre: Folk,  Blues

Artist: Robert Hill

Album: What Are We Waitin' For

Produced by: Brian Kramer

Robert Hill: Vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica
Brian Kramer: National slide guitar, acoustic guitar (tracks 6 and 9)

All songs written by Robert Hill
except Debt Blues by Robert Hill and Brian Kramer

Music Arranged by Robert Hill and Brian Kramer (c) 2012
Recorded completely live at:
Scarecrow Studios, Stockholm January 2012
Engineered: PNA Andersson
Mixed: PNA Andersson and Brian Kramer

Photographs: Bengt Nyman
Layout: Jonas Rahm

"What Are We Waitin' For" track List:

1 - I Read Them Mornin' Papers
  2 - Wish I Could Find Me A Friend
  3 - Bathe In That Heavenly Light
  4 - Debt Blues
  5 - Against The Law
  6 - What Are We Waitin' For
  7 - Save Me
  8 - Talkin' Blues Blues
  9 - She Won't Stop Loving Me
 10 - Patriotic Act
 11 - Sweet Lowdown Music
 12 - Bluebird 'Neath The Moon
 13 - Knights Way Up High

Robert Hill is one of the hottest young singer songwriters to come out of Sweden. He has an astute sensibility for lyric construction, simplistic, yet riveting. His vocal style shows a rich tapestry of emotion and depth, that is far beyond his years. Robert Hill has captured the eye and ears of all who hear his pure vocal style. Robert is blazing his own trail in this crazy music industry and gaining momentum daily. Clearly, listeners cannot be wrong. Robert Hill's new release called " What are we waitin' for" has something for everyone. It slides as easily from folk to blues and back again as his fingers slide across those guitar strings.

This is a generous album, 13 tracks lined up to flow beautifully. Robert Hill has a pure vocal tone that brings you back to a time when music touched you somewhere deep inside. He commands attention by creating strong story lines in his beautifully arranged songs. This is a balance that takes many songwriters years to attain. Robert Hill has all the qualities we crave for in a true folk singer. He has delivered songs that will stay with you and become a part of who we are. He writes from a place of honesty, humor, current events and yes.. at times.. a touch cynicism. But isn't that what we love most in our Folk hero's?

You will be impressed with the level of expertise used in mixing, mastering, engineering and recording on "What Are We Waitin' For". One of my little quirks. Robert Hill sounds exceptional on every track. It is consistent and it is flawless. Very well done.

You will also be blown away by the purity of guitar picking on "What Are We Waitin' For". The acoustic guitar shines like never before on this album. And of course, the National Slide on track 6 and 9 makes your toes curl with delight. How bout that harp! Lordy the instrumentation level on this album is outta this world. Its enough to make a grown woman drool I tell ya.

This is the place I usually draw 3 tracks aside to talk about:

1 - I Wish I Could Find Me A Friend
Now see, Robert Hill nails this track. The lyrics are solid and addicting. Robert Hill has your attention immediately with his brilliant vocal style. The song has a great hook married with brilliant acoustic guitar work. You will be humming along in seconds flat.  Great song!

2 - Bluebird 'Neath The Moon
I fell in love with this song from the first note. Robert Hill's sexy deep vocal telling his story to the sound of an acoustic guitar. You will hang on every word. Brilliant work on those lyrics. Arrangement is superb. Once again orchestration and instrumentation is top drawer. This has to be one of my favorites.

3 - Patriotic Act
I believe this song is the epitome of folk. Robert Hill sets the song up with an explanation, then brings in some excellent harmonica to slide you in. Robert Hill actually made me snort with laughter when I heard this the first time. Scary part is that you will nod and say to yourself, gawd he is right. His lyrics are exceptional. This is Brilliant!!! Robert Hill has done a stellar job on this! Instrumentation is top notch.

Honorable Mentions:
Talkin' Blues Blues
This song is fabulous. Brilliant guitar picking stands out, framing Robert Hill's strong vocals. In true Robert Hill fashion, the lyrics are humorous, honest and addicting. Leaving you wondering if he perhaps is the reincarnation of folk at its best. Stunning !

Sweet Lowdown Music
The harmonica opens this song beautifully, then blooms into Robert's gorgeous vocal. He has the ability to weave his lyrics with strong orchestration and instrumentation. This song is beautifully arranged and executed. Gorgeous!

In all, Robert Hill's new release "What Are We Waitin' For" is worth the wait. It is an exceptional gathering of 13 tracks, resulting in one of this years best folk albums. This is a feel good, thought provoking work of art.

Man what a great Christmas Present this album would make! Definitely one for your music libraries.
Congratulations Robert Hill. "What Are We Waitin' For" is fantastic!!
You can find Robert Hill at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/roberthill3

Thats How I See It
                                                                Shashona McCall
                                                                 Indie Showcase
                                                            www.indieshowcase.net

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:49:46 AM by Shashona » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: