July 24, 2014, 12:13:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Indie Showcase :: The home of The Indie Artists.
No.1 for Indie Artists.

Home Schedule Listen Now Chatroom   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Podcasts Contact Us Login Register  
Live Chat   Tune in: Listen w/ Realplayer Listen w/ Media Player Listen w/ Winamp Listen w/ Quicktime  Current DJ: Awesome Radio: Indie Showcase with Mozart (WARNING! May Contain Adult Content!) Streaming at: 96 kbps  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Francis Voignier - High Winds Album Review  (Read 1475 times)
Skys
Administrator

Canada Canada

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »

Francis Voignier - High Winds Album Review

Arcata California USA

Rock

Album: High Winds

Recorded at FV Music Studios

Criminal Records

Released 2011

www.facebook.com/pages/FV-Guitars/102971129772750?v=wall

www.facebook.com/pages/Francis-Voignier/112268182145559?sk=app_2405167945

facebook.com/fvoignier

notjustfrenchmusic.com/profile/FrancisVoignier

francisvoignier.bandcamp.com

www.myspace.com/francisvoignier

www.cdbaby.com/cd/FRANCISVOIGNIER

www.reverbnation.com/francisvoignier

Band Members:

Francis Voignier - Bass and Vocals, Lead Guitar & Horn Arrangements
Eric Larmier - Slide Guitar on "How The World Was Saved" & Crazy
Alan Redmond - Bass on " High Winds"
Alejandro Del Toro - Drums

High Winds Track List:

1 -   Master Plan
 2 -   The Trick's In The Bag
 3 -   How The World Was Saved
 4 -   Easily Swayed
 5 -   High Winds
 6 -   Circles & Dust
 7 -   Tied To The Game
 8 -   Lucy & Jack
 9 -   Crazy
10 -  Banned
11 -  Dreamed

Francis Voignier is no stranger to exacting incredible music in a studio or before a live audience. He is the consummate professional at both instrumentation and vocals. He has a definitive style that cannot be copied nor replaced. There are few musicians that match his expertise on electric guitar and man it shows. With 15 albums under his belt from 1978 to 2010, Francis Voignier has continued to lead the way in cutting edge albums.

His newest release "High Winds" is certainly no exception. Released just this year, 2011, Francis Voignier dazzles us with his phenomenal abilities on the electric guitar. But this man also plays bass and does the horn arrangements as well as lead guitar. Francis is simply brilliant ! It seems everything he touches turns to gold. It certainly did on this album. His distinctive vocal style attracts and holds the listener from the first note till the last. The lyrics on each track are well written, taking you on journeys deep within emotions and experiences. It dawns on you immediately that you are in the presence of someone special. I have a huge amount of respect for Artists who reach the level of expertise I hear on this album. Francis Voignier reigns supreme!

Joining Francis Voignier on this album are Eric "Slide" Larmier. who plays slide guitar on "How the world was saved" and "Crazy". Also Alan Redmond, who plays bass on "High Winds" and Alejandro Del Toro on drums. Together, they have put forth one of the most memorable albums this year, perhaps this decade. Francis Voignier makes magic on those strings. His style is smooth yet raunchy and hard hitting. The recording and mastering of High Winds is exceptional. I am sure by now, you can tell I am impressed by Francis Voignier's work. The proof is in the pudding. High Winds is brilliant!

The 3 tracks I have singled out are:

1 - Crazy - This track got my attention right off the hop. Strong instrumentation and song writing skills, makes this song a winner. Francis Voignier nails it to the wall! I loved Francis's vocals.

2 - High Winds - Title track. This instrumental track showcases Francis Voignier's extraordinary talent on electric guitar. For those guitar enthusiasts, Francis shows you how its supposed to sound. He certainly makes that guitar sing. Well done.

3 - Tricks In The Bag -  This is an electric guitar lead, upbeat, rockers dream. Vocals are exceptional and song writing talents shine through making Tricks in the bag a huge success. Once again instrumentation is off the wall. Brilliant song!

Overall, High Winds, has something for everyone. Most impressive indeed! It is refreshing to hear the electric guitar played with such expertise. Matched with amazing distinctive vocals but not overtaking them, it is a marriage made in heaven. Reminds me of when music of the 70's & 80's in the UK reined supreme. My hopes are high now that Francis Voignier has reminded me, it is still out there. Keep rocking Francis, we love you!

And that's how I see it
                                                               Shashona
                                                            Indie Showcase
                                    www.indieshowcase.net  2011
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:11:25 PM by Shashona » Logged

Skys
Eleena Whitney
IndieShowcase
www.indieshowcase.net
www.awesomeradio.net
www.myspace.com/skys_1
twitter.com/Skys
Angel_John - Indie Showcase Ambassador
IndieShowcase Ambassador

United States United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:30:21 AM »

Great review of Francis Voignier, who is a awesome and talented artists, great writer of songs, awesome instumentalist, great voice, but has a heart of pure gold.  I have many of his CD's and they are great, is always working to improve his music.  He also builds guitars.  Francis is also a great friend.

John Breckenridge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: